Have you heard about video marketing? How about video marketing strategy creation? We would be surprised if you haven’t. Nowadays Video marketing is one of the most important marketing trends.
According to sources like Impact, 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions.
Furthermore, using videos in your strategy is now becoming the most popular way to reach potential customers.
Video, however, does not necessarily mean YouTube only. We are also referring to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Reels which are said to be the next big thing. In addition, live videos are also quite important.
This is great to know, but how do you create the right Video Marketing strategy?
Just like you wouldn’t go into a new endeavour without enough research and strategic thought, you shouldn’t create a digital marketing video without creating a bulletproof plan.
So what do you need to do?
Here are the main points you need to consider when creating your video marketing strategy:
Start with the goal of your video
You should clearly outline a goal for your video. Moreover, this could either be awareness, consideration or decision.
You should go for awareness if your goal is to attract new users and introduce your brand to a new audience.
Those types of videos would be aimed at users who are at a researching stage, asking for recommendations, watching product reviews, and trying to find cost-effective solutions for their pain points.
This is the stage where the solution has already been found by the consumer and you want to keep your business at the top of their mind.
Find your target audience
Now that you know what your goal is, it’s time to find your target audience. This is a key step and you need to get it right because if you don’t showcase your business in front of the right audience all the efforts you put into your video will go to waste.
To be able to pinpoint the correct consumers, you should develop a buyer’s persona. Well done if you have one already!
Once your buyer’s persona is mapped out, you will be able to know exactly who you should target. One more piece of advice is to ensure that your audience strategy is finalised, just have answers to the following questions:
- Who does your product or service appeal to — this should fit your buyer’s persona.
- What is the purpose of your video — this will be the goal you pinpointed in step one.
- Where does your target audience spend most of their time — this will inform you how and where to showcase your video/ which channel to use.
Figure out what story you want to tell
This is usually the most fun, but at the same time difficult and very crucial part of your video marketing strategy. There are a few key elements to consider when creating your video plot.
- A hook – this is the element that will get your target consumer to give their attention to you and your business. The hook is placed in the first few seconds of the video and should answer the following questions:
– Why should they watch the video?
– What’s in it for them?
– What pain will you be solving?
- Delivery – this refers back to your target audience and where they spend their time. Which platform do they use the most? How will the video be delivered (i.e. live video, reel, short review, etc)?
- Call to action – what is it that you need your video to achieve? This could be divided into 3 main CTA groups:
Small CTA: Likes, Shares, Follows or Subscriptions
Medium CTA: Lead form fills, Email opt-ins (anything that would collect leads)
Big CTA: Sales
Maintain a realistic budget
Once you have your strategy in place – it’s time for the budget planning. We all know that creating a great video does not come free, neither does its distribution.
But what does this mean?
Well, you need to do a lot of industry research.
Find out how much the industry experts charge for certain services. You may need scripting, video and sound editing, filming, social media distribution, etc.
Keep in mind that certain videos may cost you more than others, so ensure you conduct thorough research on everything before you settle on the type of video you want and how you’ll go about creating it.
We tried to keep everything short and sweet and although this may be a bit overwhelming, it’s the perfect starting point for your video marketing.
You see how video marketing can help your business grow. Don’t wait for long – get started now, and if you ever need help – we are here for you!